Note: A monitor can be either a host box or a client box.When no fans are configured, the fan count is set to 0, and the host monitor prompts the user to configure the system during boot setup immediately before warm-up.
- The host is the monitor box that is the interface of the airflow measuring station to the building automation system (BAS) and has five buttons on the front panel. See Figure 1. The host address always displays as MON H.
- The client is the monitor box that does not have five buttons on the front panel. Data from each client monitor box is drawn by the host monitor box to process and transmit to the BAS. Client monitor boxes use a rotary dial to set the displayed address as MON 0, MON 1, up to MON F (Hex 15). In systems with less than 16 fans, to avoid confusion set the rotary address in the client monitor box to match the fan number to which it connects.
- Press MENU at any point in the setup to skip the setup process.
- Press ESC to go back a step.
- To return to automatic Boot Fan Setup if exited early, ensure that the number of fans is set to 0 and cycle power to the system.
For boot fan setup, complete the following steps:
- The display shows Config System? to prompt the user to configure the system.
- Use UP or DOWN to select Yes and press ENTER. Press ESC to cancel the setup process.
- The display prompts the user to set the number of fans to be monitored by the installed host box. Use UP and DOWN to select a number from 1 to 16. If you select 0 fans, this skips the setup and goes into warm-up. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.
- The display prompts the user to set the number of sensors for each fan. This setting applies to all fans. Use UP and DOWN to select 1 or 2. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.
- The display prompts to enter setup/configuration of the displayed fan and shows Enter to Config. Press ENTER to enter the setup/configuration.
- Select the monitor for the fan to be setup. Use UP and DOWN to select the monitor to associate with the fan being setup, H is the host, 0 to F are the clients. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.
- When you set up Sensors per Fan as 1, you must select the sensor associated with the fan being setup. Use UP and DOWN to select either sensor. Press ENTER to confirm the selection.
When you set up Sensors per
Fan as 2, selecting the sensor number is skipped and both
sensors of the selected monitor are assigned to the selected fan. When you select the assignment, there are two errors that can
display. If there is an error, it is shown as the last character of the second
line. If both errors are present, the display flashes between the two
Figure 1. Error with selected assignmentFigure 2. Error with displayed assignment
- Error 1 displays as * when the selected assignment is not connected or does not communicate with the host. See Figure 1.
- Error 2 displays as ! to indicate that the displayed assignment is already assigned to another fan. See Figure 2.
- Repeat Step 5 to Step 9 to set up any additional fans.
- When all fans are setup, the display shows Boot Fan Setup Completed.