You can use the Plant Optimizer to set and view greenhouse gas emission factors as the mass of carbon dioxide-equivalent emissions per unit of utility usage (for example, tonnes CO2e/kWh). These emission factors are used to report on the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the plant's energy use and emissions avoided through energy savings.
About this task
To access the Emission Factor page, complete the following steps:
- In the Future Input tab, in the Manual Inputs section, select Emission Factors.
- Click GHG Emission Factor on the right side to add a new factor.
- The Set Emissions Factor pop up displays, in the Factor field, enter the emission levels.
- Select the Start Date & Time and End Date & Time.
- Add a reason for the change.
At the end of the Greenhouse Gas Emission Factor page, a map and hyperlinks display with resources about the greenhouse gas emission factors for electricity use in different locations around the world.