The Plant Simulator is an hourly simulation tool of central plant utility costs. You can use the Plant Simulator for the following:
- Measure the savings achieved by retrofitting the plant.
- Develop central plant utility budget forecasts and perform sensitivity analysis for different assumptions.
- Evaluate the impact and return on investment for future plant expansions.
- Model scenarios to determine when to schedule equipment downtime for preventative maintenance in order minimize the utility cost impact or ability to meet critical loads.
- Estimate the impact of different types of utility rate structures when negotiating with utility suppliers or the potential benefit of participating in market-based demand curtailment programs, and many more.