Use Alarm Manager to view alarms easily and effectively. The alarms are categorized by source, priority, time of occurrence that makes it easier to track all alarms for the entire platform. The alarm manager is not limited to showing alarms on common dashboard, it is also used as an in-built notification mechanism for alarms to be delivered through SMS and Email. The effective notification feature helps track who, and when, the alarm was delivered through the platform. Configurations are flexible, by subscribing to the necessary notifications to be received.
The Alarm Manager is built and designed to take alarms from various sources and report using a common UI dashboard, and facilitates integration of alarms from multiple domains. The Alarm Manager helps define alarms to be received by shifts where, based on their shift timings, they would receive the requisite configured alarm. There is also an inbuilt escalation mechanism in case the alarms are not responded by the first responders. Alarm Analytics is provisioned using the alarm manager. The alarm analytics covers the following:
- Mean time to respond to an alarm
- Alarm analytics by zones or space
- Rating index of building specifically based on type of alarms or vertical most occurring actionable alarms
Alarm manager also provides alarm analytics of BMS alarms. The five categorized alarm types are based on user-defined time in alarm and re-occurrence time defined in Setup.
- Stale alarms
- Stale alarms go into alarm and do not return to the normal state before a defined time.
- Fleeting alarms
- Fleeting alarms turn on and off very quickly, but do not necessarily repeat.
- Chattering alarms
- Chattering alarms go in and out of alarm repeatedly in a short period of time. The frequency of state transition and time can be user defined.
- Frequent alarms
- Frequent alarms go into alarm most often over a given period of time.
- General alarms
- General alarms are not classified in any of the previous categories.