Figure 1. Desk check-in screen
When flexibility is key, use Companion to support smart, safe, and personalized hot desking with the following features:
- Users can reserve or check in to available desks that meet their criteria for amenities and safety scoring, and request routing from the live floor map in the mobile app or kiosk. If your workplace has conditional access restrictions to comply with social distancing, you might not be able to reserve a workspace for the same day. In this case, reserve a workspace at least one day in advance.
- Occupancy sensor integration supports accurate availability of spaces and also provides the ability to release spaces when they are not occupied for a period of time.
- Check-in reserves the desk for the preferred period of time and can be done with NFC, QR code, and Bluetooth smart desk integration.
- Group reservations enables one user to book spaces for multiple people simultaneously.
- Building policies and guidelines display at check-in so that users can read and acknowledge them prior to entry.
- Users receive reservation expiration reminders through the Companion app.
- Users can easily extend space reservations or find other spaces with the necessary amenities.