When a user checks in to a desk, Companion automatically adds this desk location to their contact card. If a user has a permanent workspace, such as an office, a Companion administrator can add this workspace to the user's contact card. You can use this data to easily find colleagues on the floor map.
- In the Features panel, click or tap Floor Map and then Search People.
- In the search bar, start typing your colleague's name or email address.
- Select the name of the colleague that you are searching for. This opens their contact card.
- To locate this colleague on the Companion floor map, click or tap Navigate.
- If your company has location beacons then a blue dot indicates your current location. If the blue dot does not appear, scan a QR code or enter the source and destination manually, and click or tap Start Navigate to display a navigation path.
- To view a more detailed list of directions and instructions, click or tap Steps.
- To clear the path, click or tap Clear Path.