Create emergency news items when there is an emergency situation. Emergency news is sent to the First Responders that are registered to receive a specific type of emergency news. You can also choose to send the news to all First Responders, or all employees who are registered under the building. First Responders and employees receive a SMS when an emergency news item is sent. Employees can also view the emergency news in the Companion mobile application.
About this task
- From the Home page, in the navigation menu, select News.
- Click New.
- Select the Emergency check box.
- From the Emergency Category list, select the category of the emergency.
- From the Send to list, select who receives emergency news.
- In the Title field, enter the title of the news.
- In the Description field, enter the content of the news.
- Click Browse to upload a JPEG image for the news.
- Select a start and expiry date.
- Click Publish.