Complete the following steps to configure an access control system:
About this task
- From the Home page, in the navigation menu, click Access Control Configuration.
- Click Create New.
- In the System name field, enter the appropriate system name.
- From the Server host drop-down list, enter the host IP address.
- From the Protocol drop-down list, select the appropriate protocol.
- From the Access control type drop-down list, select the appropriate access control type.
- In the Operator username field, enter the username for the administrator of your access system.
- In the Operator password field, enter the password for the administrator of your access system.
- The XML rpc port number field populates automatically.
- From the Unique field drop-down list, select the required text field. The unique field must match the text field configured in the access control system.
- In the Version number field, enter the version number for the access system.
- In the Device module id field, enter the device details to subscribe to the access events.
- Click TEST CONNECTION to validate the communication with the access control system and confirm the settings are correct.
- In the Contact person name, enter the name of the employee responsible for overseeing the system.
- In the Contact person email, enter the email of the employee responsible for overseeing the system. This email is used to send a notification if the connection to the system is interrupted.
- Click SAVE.