You may see run-time errors when using the Professional Productivity Tool.
- Just one instance of PPT can be run!
- This is a message to remind you that you can only use one instance of PPT at one time. You may also see this if you close PPT and reopen it quickly before it has the chance to close all of its threads. Wait a few moments before you try opening it again.
- Could not find SQL Server error message
- If you see this message during the start-up process of PPT, click OK and close the Welcome pop-up window, if it is open.
- Select Help.
- Select PPT Properties.
- Make the attribute changes as shown in Table 1.
Table 1. Attributes to configure Attributes to configure Value Px equipment fixed columns 3 Supervisory fixed columns 3 All objects fixed columns 3 Meters fixed columns 3 NI fixed columns 3 SQL Server name See below SQL Connection timeout 360 SQL Command timeout 7200 for large projects All the other attributes can remain as shown in Figure 1. For SQL Server name, click the down arrow to the right of the SQL Server name field. This lists all of the SQL Servers available by instance name. Select the one that you want to use. Use this section to select the SQL server that you need to use for a particular project.Figure 1. Incomplete tools properties window
- Unhandled Exception
- If you see this error, you must restart your project. All the changes you make to the project are lost. It is best practice to keep regular backups of your project to prevent changes being lost. You can use the Create PPT Project Backup option from the File menu when you have a project open in PPT.