This product complies with EN61326-1:2006 in accordance with EN61326-2-3:2006 to be used in controlled EM immunity and class B emission environment. Take the following special precautions to fully meet EU EMC compliance:
- Use shielded cables, and tie the shield to earth ground (not power supply ground) on at least one end of the cable shield or drain wire. Maintain the shield all the way from the sensor to the power supply.
- If you use unshielded cables, use an earth-grounded metal conduit fitting to replace the shielded cable.
- For a sensor with a metal body or enclosure, ground the body or enclosure to earth.
- If you use a protective plastic housing, the housing must be able to withstand at least 2 KV from the housing to earth ground, without damaging the circuit.
- Install or operate the unit in a controlled electromagnetic environment.