About this task
- Obtain the product installation file.
- Run the JohnsonControlsControllerConfigurationTool_14.0.exe file. The Controller Configuration Tool 14.0 Setup window appears.
- Click Custom. The SQL Server Selection window appears from the Database tab.
If you do not have a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server
software, the Controller Configuration Tool setup automatically installs
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express with CU19. If you do have a supported version
installed, select the SQL instance to use, and then select one of the following
SQL authentication options:
Note: When you install CCT on a computer running SQL Server, the startup type of the SQL Server Browser service must be set to Automatic. The SQL Server Browser service must be running when you start CCT.
- Windows authentication credentials of current user (select the Windows Credentials check box): Select this option to log in to the SQL Server software by using the Windows operating system credentials of the current Windows user. To use this option, the current Windows user must be a member of the SQL Server sysadmin role for the Selected SQL Server.
- SQL Server Login and Password (clear the Windows Credentials check box): Fill in the SQL Username and Password fields to use SQL Server authentication to access SQL Server software during the installation. In the SQL Username field, enter a SQL Server user who is a member of the sysadmin role for the selected SQL Server. In the Password field, enter the corresponding password.
- Click the General tab. The Install Path window appears.
- To install CCT in the specified destination folder, click Install. To install CCT in a different location, click Browse, select the location, and then click Install. All prerequisite software for CCT and the Software Manager are installed first, then the CCT software is installed. A progress bar window appears.
- Click Finish when the Complete window appears.
Obtain field controller packages and SA Bus Device Packages to
install. To import a package, double-click on the package collection file or use
the Package Importer, located in the
Windows Start menu. The Package Importer displays the message
Finished importingwhen the import is complete.
- To license CCT, run Software Manager from the Windows Start menu. Locate CCT in the Software Manager License Inventory and then click Activate New in the Choose Action menu. See Software Manager Help (LIT-12012389) for additional details on activating licenses.
To license field controller packages, run Software Manager from the Windows Start
menu. Use the Add License button in Software Manager if the field
controller package is not listed in the Software Manager License Inventory. If the
field controller package is listed in Software Manager, click Activate New in the
Choose Action menu. See Software Manager Help
(LIT-12012389) for additional details on activating licenses.
- Unlike CCT software, field controller package files are not automatically added to the Software Manager License Inventory when they are installed. Field controller packages are listed in Software Manager only after they have been initially licensed.
- If you do not license the CCT software after installation, the Software License Check appears when you access CCT for the first time. Field controllers without a licensed field controller package are set to Artificial Field Device or Artificial IO Device in CCT.
- Johnson Controls SA Bus Device Packages are included as a Feature within the CCT 14.x license. No additional action is necessary to license it after install.