Before you begin
Use the rough-in box for new construction applications when the walls have not yet been installed. Determine the location of the CE360 display. It is mandatory to install the CE360 Critical Environment in portrait orientation. Use the retrofit ring in applications when the wall is existing.
- No. 2 Phillips head screwdriver
- 1/16 in. hex wrench
- Drywall saw or oscillating tool with a drywall blade
- Mount the rough-in box to the side of a framing stud adjacent to the entry door to the monitored space. Consider the thickness of the wall and ensure the front surface is flush or slightly recessed to fit with the drywall surface that you install later.
- Pull the four conductor SA Bus cable and the 24 VAC power wires through the rough-in box opening. The assembly includes a 10 ft cable to connect the display to the controller.
- Install the drywall ensuring that the mounting surface is flush with the finished surface of the drywall, and the opening fits precisely with the rough-in box.
Take the display’s mounting bracket and align it to the four
screw holes on the mounting tabs of the rough-in box. Use a No. 2 Phillips head
screwdriver to secure the bracket with the screws provided. Ensure the bracket
Note: To avoid warping the mounting bracket, do not over-tighten the screws.
- Attach the four-conductor interface cable from the controller and the RS-485 BACnet™ MS/TP wires on the back of the display. For more information, refer to the label on the back of the display.
- Align the two slots on the back of the display with the tabs on the bracket and swing the display towards the wall so that the single tab on the bracket slots into the back of the display.
- When the display sits flush against the wall, insert the set screw into the hole in the display housing. Use a 1/16 in. hex wrench to drive the screw into the display until it engages with the tab on the bracket.