About this task
When the access point for a preferred network is not configured to broadcast its SSID, you can still add the network to the WiFi Client Configuration provided you know the necessary credentials to connect.
To perform this task, you must know the SSID and Network Key (passkey) of the desired access point.
- In the Network Database pane of the Client Mode tab, click New.
In the Create a New Wireless Network dialog box, configure the following properties for the access point and then click OK.
- Enter the SSID for the access point.
- Enter a Priority for connecting to the access.
- Modify the default security options as needed.
- Enter the Network Key (passkey) for the access point.
The new wireless network is added to the Network Database table.