About this task
Associate the FX-WRZ Series Wireless Sensors to an FX-WRZ7860 Receiver by setting the TRANSMITTER ID DIP switches and the AREA DIP switches on the sensors to the same positions as the TRANSMITTER ID DIP switches and the AREA DIP switches on the target FX-WRZ7860 Receiver so that the RF address setting on both devices match. See Radio Frequency Addresses for One-to-One Wireless Sensing Applications for more information.
Most One-to-One Wireless Sensing applications use a single sensor. Therefore, select 199 on the SENSOR # DIP switch. However, if two or more sensors are used in your One-to-One application, then the first sensor should be set for 199, the second set for 200, the third set for 201, the fourth set for 202, and the fifth set for 203.
To set the FX-WRZ Series Sensor RF address (TRANSMITTER ID and AREA) and select the sensor number (SENSOR #):
Remove the FX-WRZ Series Sensor housing from the sensor mounting base as illustrated in Figure 6.
Figure 1. Removing the sensor housing from its mounting baseFigure 2. Removing the FX-WRZTTB00-5 Series Sensor housing from its mounting base (temperature only model shown)
- Move the ONE-TO-ONE APPLICATION DIP switch overlay card over the DIP switches (Figure 8).
- Locate the power switch on the left side of the AREA DIP switch block, and set it to the OFF position.
- Set the FX-WRZ Series Sensor MODE DIP switch on the far left of the SENSOR # DIP switch block to the 1-to-1 (down) position.
Set the SENSOR # to 199 for applications with only one sensor for each controller.
Note: Use the other settings for applications with a single controller performing temperature or humidity averaging or high/low selection within a zone.
Match the receiver RF address by setting the numbered switches on the AREA DIP switch block and on the TRANSMITTER ID DIP switch block to the same positions as the numbered switches on the AREA and TRANSMITTER ID DIP switch block on the associated receiver (Figure 8) .
Figure 3. Back of the FX-WRZ Series Sensor housing and One-to-One application DIP switch overlay
- Ensure the batteries are installed correctly and move the sensor POWER switch to the ON position (if you are putting the sensor into operation).
- Reinstall the sensor housing to the wall-mounted base.
- If the associated receiver is configured and powered on, you can press the sensor occupancy button to determine if the sensor and receiver are communicating. See Checking a One-to-One Wireless Sensing System Application RF Signal Strength.