Features and benefits - Facility Explorer - LIT-1901107 - F4-CVE03050-0P - F4-CVM03050-0 - F4-CVM03050-0P - Variable air volume controller - F4-CVM VAV Box Controller
F4-CV Series VAV Box Controllers Catalog Page
- Facility Explorer
- Product name
- F4-CVM VAV Box Controller
- Document type
- Catalog Page
- Document number
- Revision date
- Product status
- Sleek and modern packaging and styling
- Provides a modern, aesthetically pleasing industrial
- Standard hardware and software platform
- Uses a common hardware design throughout the family line to
support standardized wiring practices and installation workflows. Also uses
a common software design to support use of a single tool for control
applications, commissioning, and troubleshooting to minimize technical
- High memory capacity and fast processing power
- Provides application engineers with the horsepower to meet
sophisticated control requirements.
- Auto-Tuned Control Loops
- Proportional Adaptive Control (P-Adaptive) and Pattern
Recognition Adaptive Control (PRAC) deliver continuous control loop tuning,
which reduces commissioning time, eliminates change-of season
re-commissioning, and reduces wear and tear on actuators.
- Standard BACnet protocol
- Provides interoperability with other Building Automation System (BAS)
products that use the widely accepted BACnet standard.
- Model to support BACnet/SC and BACnet/IP communications
- CVE controllers provide higher speed communication with the Controller
Configuration Tool (CCT) and improved bandwidth. BACnet/SC is a new protocol
that provides a secure method of communication on IP networks. It uses
standards widely accepted by the IT community thus eliminating many of the
- Models to support wired BACnet MS/TP, ZFR wireless, and
N2 with streamlined workflow
- CVM controllers can support multiple communication
protocols without the need to purchase a special model per protocol and
without extra manual setup. If an application configured for N2
communication is loaded on the controller, it automatically communicates
through N2. Controllers otherwise default to MS/TP communication. If a ZFR
Pro Wireless Field Bus Router is connected to the controller when the
controller is initially powered on, it automatically enters wireless
- BACnet Testing Laboratories (BTL) listed and certified as
BACnet Advanced Application Controllers (B-AAC)
- Ensures openness and interoperability with other BTL-listed
devices. BTL is a third-party agency, which validates that BAS vendor
products meet the BACnet industry-standard protocol.
- BACnet automatic discovery
- Supports easy controller integration into a
Facility Explorer (FX)
- Device Security
- Ensures device integrity while the system is rebooting and during normal
operation. Embedded software in the CVE controller provides secure boot
operation, firmware protection, secure communications, and secure firmware
updates to comply with cyber security best practices.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliance
- CVE controllers are FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliant. FIPS 140-2
is a U.S. government cyber security standard used to approve cryptographic
modules and algorithms used for encryption. Assures operators that
uses leading cyber security techniques to help prevent unauthorized access
to systems and data.
- Wireless ZFR and ZFR Pro support
Wireless ZFR and ZFR Pro support provides a
wireless alternative to hard-wired MS/TP networking, offering application
flexibility and mobility with minimal disruption to building occupants, and
also simplifies and speeds up replacements.
- Integral real-time clock
- An integral real-time clock, which enables the controllers
to monitor and control schedules, calendars, and trends, and operate for
extended periods of time as stand-alone controllers when offline from the
- Pluggable screw terminal blocks
- Pluggable input/output wiring terminal blocks that can be
removed from the controller provide electrical installers and field
technicians the ability to quickly and easily install and service a
controller without the need to disconnect and reconnect the input/output
- Rotary switches for controller address or controller number
- Easy-to-use rotary switches set the
address for MS/TP controllers or controller number for Ethernet
controllers in decimal format.
- Universal Inputs and Configurable Outputs
- Allows multiple signal options to provide input/output
- End-of-Line (EOL) switch in MS/TP equipment controllers
- Enables equipment controllers to be terminating devices on
the communications bus.
- Default application for Input/Output wiring validation
- Enables validation of the input and output terminals’ wiring
without having to download an application file.
- Background transfer coupled with enable/disable logic
options in Controller Configuration Tool (CCT)
- Saves field technicians’ time, enables productivity and
minimizes equipment disruption, since the controllers are operating while
file updates take place in the background and the application can be left
disabled until the system is ready to run.
- SA Bus device provisioning improvements
- Saves field technicians time when commissioning SA Bus devices by enabling
an equipment controller to transfer and apply firmware files to all the SA
Bus devices (XPM, PCX,
NS8000) connected to it.
- An integrated damper actuator and digital Differential
Pressure Transducer (DPT) sensor
- Reduces installation time.
- Fast response actuator
- Drives the damper from full open to full closed (90°) in 60 seconds to
reduce commissioning time.
- Preloaded, selectable applications
- The CV series VAV box controller is shipped with a
factory-installed library of the most popular VAV box control applications.
You can make this controller fully operational by using the MAP to select
the appropriate VAV box application, thereby, saving field technicians' time
by eliminating the provisioning workflow.
- Optional integrated feedback potentiometer
- Reassures users and field technicians of the VAV box
damper’s actual position and enables them to easily confirm and troubleshoot
VAV controller operations, confirm actuator is at the desired position and
track damper position.
Local Controller Display and the
MAP Gateway Support
- Enable monitoring and commanding of I/O and configuration