The WNC1800/FX-ZFR182x Pro (FX-ZFR Pro) Series Wireless Field Bus System provides a wireless platform and an IP interface for all BACnet MS/TP FX-PCG and TEC3000 Thermostat Controller (TEC) family controllers using BACnet protocol over 2.4 GHz wireless ISM band.
The pairing of an FX-ZFR1821 or FX-ZFR1822 Pro router and any FX-PC device, or a wireless TEC3000 model (with built-in router), are referred to as Wireless Enabled Field Controllers (WEFCs). An FX-PC device is an FX-PCA, FX-PCG, FX-PCX, or FX-PCV controller.
- up to eight Wireless Network Coordinators (WNC) Gateways per FX Supervisory Controller
- up to 35 WEFCs per coordinator
- up to 100 total WEFCs per supervisory controller, depending on the FX Supervisory Controller
- up to nine WRZ-TTx Series sensors per WEFC with a maximum of 100 combined total of WEFC and FX-WRZ sensors per coordinator
- additional FX-ZFR1821 or FX-ZFR1822 Wireless Field Bus Router-Repeaters connected as required, acting as repeaters
Together, these components create a wireless mesh network that allows the exchange of data between the collection of WNC Gateways, WEFCs, TEC3000s, and FX-WRZs within the FX-ZFR Pro Series system’s wireless network and an FX Supervisory Controller, using standard BACnet/IP communications.